Richmond American Homes House Construction Review from Fairfield, California
Update added by user Nov 07
We experienced another problem with the poor workmanship. We had our first flood due to the pipes not being sealed and tightened. We have only been in our newly built home 2-months and the water company had to come and pump the water off our street because that is how much water we were loosing from the busted pipe that was not sealed and tightened.
Update added by user Nov 07
Tile floors are still unresolved. We are getting the run around by Richmond American Homes. The tile floors were put in uneven through out the entire house and they are only willing to "patch work" certain parts but not correct the whole problem.
Original review posted by user Sep 15
Unfortunately we had Richmond American Homes build our new home. We do love the floor plan but everything else was a disaster. The sales staff were very unprofessional and rude. The loan process was like the left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing and the construction Foreman would not accommodate for our work schedule (he gets off at 3pm).
The floor plan is amazing but the workmanship is very amateurish. All of our upgrades were very poorly done! From door knobs not lining up, holes in the walls (allowing rodents and insects in), to the floors not being leveled & unfinished. And yes…we paid for these upgrades and they are the poorest work done to the house. There is no way the Foreman checked his workers completed work or may he thought we wouldn't notice. I spent the first week scrubbing grout and paint off my upgraded floors because whoever painted and installed the floors did not clean-up the mess they made.
If you get a house built by Richmond American Homes…do not expect to close on time due to the massive clean-up on all the errors with the construction work. They also expect for you to take days off of work to accommodate their workers schedules and will not accommodate for yours. Hope you work from home or have a lot of sick leave time.
Please check behind the toilets because you will find unfinished work or a massive mess you will have to clean up. And look on top of your kitchen cabinets because you will find that your cabinets are not finished or where they put their trash and material scraps.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
You May Also Like
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "Yes I did experience hair loss with wen I had chosen the lavender one because I love the color and it was a little stronger but when I use it..."
- "Went to Jack n Box in Fairfield, Ca. store #518, got my UBS, got on the freeway, reached in the bag, opened up the UBS, bit into it WTF!?!?! UBS was..."
- "I have a Black Russian Terrier......very large dog. Have gone to the Fairfield location since he was a puppy and had a great groomer. She left. Since she left, he's..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."