Richmond American Homes House Construction Review from Fairfield, California
Update added by user Nov 07, 2016
We experienced another problem with the poor workmanship. We had our first flood due to the pipes not being sealed and tightened. We have only been in our newly built home 2-months and the water company had to come and pump the water off our street because that is how much water we were loosing from the busted pipe that was not sealed and tightened.
Update added by user Nov 07, 2016
Tile floors are still unresolved. We are getting the run around by Richmond American Homes. The tile floors were put in uneven through out the entire house and they are only willing to "patch work" certain parts but not correct the whole problem.
Original review posted by user Sep 15, 2016
Unfortunately we had Richmond American Homes build our new home. We do love the floor plan but everything else was a disaster. The sales staff were very unprofessional and rude. The loan process was like the left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing and the construction Foreman would not accommodate for our work schedule (he gets off at 3pm).
The floor plan is amazing but the workmanship is very amateurish. All of our upgrades were very poorly done! From door knobs not lining up, holes in the walls (allowing rodents and insects in), to the floors not being leveled & unfinished. And yes…we paid for these upgrades and they are the poorest work done to the house. There is no way the Foreman checked his workers completed work or may he thought we wouldn't notice. I spent the first week scrubbing grout and paint off my upgraded floors because whoever painted and installed the floors did not clean-up the mess they made.
If you get a house built by Richmond American Homes…do not expect to close on time due to the massive clean-up on all the errors with the construction work. They also expect for you to take days off of work to accommodate their workers schedules and will not accommodate for yours. Hope you work from home or have a lot of sick leave time.
Please check behind the toilets because you will find unfinished work or a massive mess you will have to clean up. And look on top of your kitchen cabinets because you will find that your cabinets are not finished or where they put their trash and material scraps.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "Richmond installed Milgard Windows (lifetime warranty) missing 4 out of 5 installation steps. All windows on west side of house leak in severe rain storms because of the poor..."
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Bought product, installed, worked for a few days; could no longer access via PC. Was told to install a non-existent mobile app on my droid phone. Software doesn't work as..."
- "Ordered My Zone headset via phone, as per advertisement $19.99 headset, buy one get two. Phone salesperson suggested to upgrade to the $29.99 headset, still buy one and get..."
- "Poorly made merchandise not completed this outfit is not Finish the pants are Short not long I want my money back A very bad experience my outfit came from China..."