Richmond American Homes - Don't buy Richmond American
Don't buy Richmond American!
When you go through the models look closely and you will see the poor craftsmanship.They use cheap contractors that take zero pride in their work.
Not to mention as they do their job, they destroy what is already done as they go. Our home was supposed to be ready in August 2015. We didn't close until November 2015. It still wasn't perfect, but they made a million empty promises on how they would take care of all the items on the walk-thru check list.
It is now May 2016 and I am still waiting. I have faulty electrical. The upgraded pre-wire was not completed. I have cracked tile.
I have missing grout. My bathtub has been removed and sitting in my shower for 6 weeks and who knows when that will be fixed. I have missing lighting. There is no smoke or carbon detector anywhere in the entire great room/kitchen.
I have a kitchen faucet that works intermittently. I have shower doors that are too big for the miniature bathtubs they installed. Neither of my teenagers can use their showers. I have a defective refrigerator that gurgles every time you open the door.
Leaking shower head. Loose shower handle. The list goes on and on. Of the handful of neighbors I have spoken to everyone has similar experiences.
Everyone is unhappy. All I can say is research the builder before you buy. It doesn't matter what price point you buy at. We are in a gated community, in Summerlin, and this home before upgrades is priced at $655,000.
Just because you spend top dollar does not mean you will get good service.At this point I would settle for any service.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No pride
- Poor quality of construction
- Cheap and cut corners
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Monte Bello The Robert
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "Unfortunately we had Richmond American Homes build our new home. We do love the floor plan but everything else was a disaster. The sales staff were very unprofessional and rude...."
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "AMERICAN DREAM KILLING MACHINE - - - HELLS FARGO We are just one victim out of 1000's that were scammed by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage this year. When we discovered their..."
- "WOMEN Employees IN THE Men's LOCKER ROOM, see PICS. They have female employees who clean locker room, mainly one older women, and supervisor who is younger, shock when you..."
- "Le site ericdress est censé vendre des chaussures de luxe ayant à la base des prix allant de $300 à $2000 à prix cassants, -70%. Les photos sont très vendeuses..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."