Richmond American Homes - Don't buy Richmond American

Don't buy Richmond American!

When you go through the models look closely and you will see the poor craftsmanship.They use cheap contractors that take zero pride in their work.

Not to mention as they do their job, they destroy what is already done as they go. Our home was supposed to be ready in August 2015. We didn't close until November 2015. It still wasn't perfect, but they made a million empty promises on how they would take care of all the items on the walk-thru check list.

It is now May 2016 and I am still waiting. I have faulty electrical. The upgraded pre-wire was not completed. I have cracked tile.

I have missing grout. My bathtub has been removed and sitting in my shower for 6 weeks and who knows when that will be fixed. I have missing lighting. There is no smoke or carbon detector anywhere in the entire great room/kitchen.

I have a kitchen faucet that works intermittently. I have shower doors that are too big for the miniature bathtubs they installed. Neither of my teenagers can use their showers. I have a defective refrigerator that gurgles every time you open the door.

Leaking shower head. Loose shower handle. The list goes on and on. Of the handful of neighbors I have spoken to everyone has similar experiences.

Everyone is unhappy. All I can say is research the builder before you buy. It doesn't matter what price point you buy at. We are in a gated community, in Summerlin, and this home before upgrades is priced at $655,000.

Just because you spend top dollar does not mean you will get good service.At this point I would settle for any service.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Overpriced

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Monte Bello The Robert
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #879111 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Richmond American Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.