Richmond American Homes - Don't buy Richmond American
Don't buy Richmond American!
When you go through the models look closely and you will see the poor craftsmanship.They use cheap contractors that take zero pride in their work.
Not to mention as they do their job, they destroy what is already done as they go. Our home was supposed to be ready in August 2015. We didn't close until November 2015. It still wasn't perfect, but they made a million empty promises on how they would take care of all the items on the walk-thru check list.
It is now May 2016 and I am still waiting. I have faulty electrical. The upgraded pre-wire was not completed. I have cracked tile.
I have missing grout. My bathtub has been removed and sitting in my shower for 6 weeks and who knows when that will be fixed. I have missing lighting. There is no smoke or carbon detector anywhere in the entire great room/kitchen.
I have a kitchen faucet that works intermittently. I have shower doors that are too big for the miniature bathtubs they installed. Neither of my teenagers can use their showers. I have a defective refrigerator that gurgles every time you open the door.
Leaking shower head. Loose shower handle. The list goes on and on. Of the handful of neighbors I have spoken to everyone has similar experiences.
Everyone is unhappy. All I can say is research the builder before you buy. It doesn't matter what price point you buy at. We are in a gated community, in Summerlin, and this home before upgrades is priced at $655,000.
Just because you spend top dollar does not mean you will get good service.At this point I would settle for any service.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No pride
- Poor quality of construction
- Cheap and cut corners
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Monte Bello The Robert
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "Unfortunately we had Richmond American Homes build our new home. We do love the floor plan but everything else was a disaster. The sales staff were very unprofessional and rude...."
- "I purchased my new home here at Windermere Farms in Carroll County and have nothing but craftsmanship and installations issues since my purchase. My front door I have had so much..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Lennar is building in my Tapestry neighborhood in Las Vegas. They are the new "overseers" here. However, Lennar doesn't seem to work with Tapestry HOA, or vice versa, as Tapestry..."
- "4/24/2010 Certified letter to Westgate CEO Mr David Siegel: Dear Sir. after months of failed attempts to resolved problems with our Planet Hollywood Towers timeshare purchase, it has become apparent that..."
- "I am not quite sure what happened. We had been driving for 5 days on the road from Colorado to Nevada. We had been camping at 7,000 feet the night..."